Tuesday 19 June 2012

Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder #1

Make up these days are mostly reserved for weekends when i can spend more time dolling up without having a impatient child who walks into the room every few minutes to ask when we can go....Err, wait....actually weekends are not any better cos my husband and my child will join hands to hasten me.

Usually i am out of the house with my SPF28 moisturizer but it can be abit shiny for my liking so i have been on the look out for a powder that would combat the shine and control my T-Zone. I have tried 2 way cake but i would prefer something lighter to allow my skin to breathe and fool proof cos i dont like i want other mothers to think that i have been up since 5am piling on make up when i send Ray to school. I want shine free skin that other mothers will go - Wow...that woman has wonderful skin. Ok ok, enough of the daydream.

This powder is super fine and seriously a little goes a long way.  The downside is you have to pour some powder onto the cover then use a powder puff to pick the powder up and the powder puff is not included (got mine from Faceshop). This powder is recommended to use for: -

  • Ideal for setting other mineral formulas and liquid foundation
  • Prolongs the wear of makeup, protects the skin, controls sebum production and visually minimizes pores for a fresh look
  • When using with other mineral formulas - Apply Mineral Primer or Mineral Foundation Primer and Mineral Powder SPF 15
  • Wet with Mineral Finishing Powder by blending onto the skin with the Face Brush
  • Combat shine throughout the day by applying Mineral Finishing Powder in areas where needed


  • I must say this really combat shine well but provides little coverage. If u are thinking of hiding your pimple scars or dark circles, you have to cover up with your concealer first. My T Zone didnt shine about 6 hours after having my make up on and the make up was still fresh.  Usually my blusher color will slipped by then but it survived this time round.

    But i didnt like the feeling of the powder on my side of the face cause it was a little too drying as i can feel my face itched a little. I would definitely use it on my T Zone to combat the shine.

    Bought mine from Laura Mercier US website at abt SGD$45 (after discount and plus shipping to door). Would be  more worthwhile if bunk purchase is being done because they packed 3 powder in a huge box. Sephora is selling at SGD$55 i think.

    4 out of 5. Perfect for the hot hot humid weather.....

    No comments:

    Post a Comment